In the United States today, most people have a pet or several pets. Also, since now most homes have both parents who work full-time and children are busy with school and sports, it can be difficult to keep the house clean from messes that pets can sometimes make. A janitorial services employee and an office cleaning employee both agree that they often see pet fur on furniture or on the computers in the offices and schools that they clean because people do not have the time or energy to brush the fur off their clothes. Below is a list of tips for families on how to keep their house relatively clean after their pets.
1. If you have a dog or a cat it is important to try to brush it outdoors. This will definitely cut down on pet fur in the home if you do this on a regular basis. Since pets shed this important to do at times when they shed a lot this is usually on a seasonal basis. Taking the pet outside for a brushing at least twice a day is best during the times when they shed the most. If you really do not want to have fur all over your home, you might want to consider getting a dog or a cat that does not shed and is hypoallergenic.
2. If you do have a pet that has fur, you will certainly want to invest in some good lint rollers. These can be purchased at numerous drug stores, pet stores, and grocery stores. It is a good idea to have at least one or two of these around because you never know when you might need them. They are great on clothing especially clothing that pet fur really sticks to easily.
3. Again, if you do have a pet with fur, it is important to vacuum constantly. Pet fur will only get worse if it is not vacuumed in a timely fashion. Pet fur can get all over clothes, bedding, and even food if the home is not purged of fur on a timely basis.
4. For pets that require cages, such as mice, hamsters, or even fish be sure to clean their cages at least on a weekly basis (sometimes more depending on the animal). If you do not clean the cage your home will most likely begin to smell like an animal lives there, which is most unpleasant and unhygienic.
5. Finally, in order to keep your home smelling nice you may want to occasionally spray your home with room spray or light scented candles. Pets can cause odor in the home from being outside or from being in cages since their fur keeps smells longer than human skin does.
If you want to keep your home looking and smelling nice once you have a pet, following these tips will make it a reality for you and your family. If it becomes too much to handle, you can always call a cleaning company like Merry Maids to do the heavy housekeeping work. It is important to make sure that when you have a pet in your home maintaining good hygiene not just for your family, but for the pet as well. In a dirty home, pets are more likely to get fleas or other bug problems if they are not in a clean environment.